1 a brass instrument without valves; used for military calls and fanfares
2 any of various low-growing annual or perennial evergreen herbs native to Eurasia; used for ground cover [syn: bugleweed]
3 a tubular glass or plastic bead sewn onto clothing for decoration v : play on a bugle
- Rhymes: -uːɡəl
music: a simple brass instrument consisting of a horn with no valves
- Czech: trubka
- Japanese: ラッパ
the often cultivated plant lamiaceae
- Japanese: シソ
anything shaped like a bugle
- Japanese: ラッパ
- to trumpet
The word bugle may refer to:
- A bugle, the sound that an elk makes during the "rut" or mating season.
- Bugle (instrument), a horn in the "natural" brass musical instrument family
- Bugle (plant), an often cultivated plant of the family Lamiaceae
- Bugle, Cornwall, a village in Cornwall
- BuGLe, a software tool for debugging applications which use OpenGL
- Bugles is the name of a corn chip snack.
- The Bugle (newspaper) or Bugle-American, a former underground newspaper in Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin.
- The Daily Bugle, a fictitious newspaper in the Marvel Comics universe
- The Bugle, a satiric podcast hosted by John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman.
- A tubular glass or plastic bead sewn onto clothing for decoration
- Bugler (tobacco), a brand of tobacco.
bugle in Japanese: ビューグル
alpenhorn, alphorn, althorn, alto horn, antlia, bagpipe, ballad horn, baritone, bass horn, bay, beak, beep, beezer, bell, bill, blare, blast, blat, blow, blow a horn, blow the horn, brass choir, brass wind, brass-wind instrument, brasses, bray, bugle horn, carillon, clarion, conk, cornet, cornet-a-pistons, corno di caccia, cornopean, doodle, double-bell euphonium, double-tongue, euphonium, fife, flute, helicon, honk, horn, hunting horn, key trumpet, lip, lituus, lur, mellophone, muffle, muzzle, nares, neb, nib, nose, nostrils, nozzle, olfactory organ, ophicleide, orchestral horn, peal, pecker, pipe, pocket trumpet, post horn, proboscis, rhinarium, rostrum, sackbut, saxhorn, saxtuba, schnozzle, serpent, shriek, slide trombone, sliphorn, smeller, snoot, snout, sound, sound a tattoo, sound taps, sousaphone, squeal, tenor tuba, tongue, toot, tootle, triple-tongue, tromba, trombone, trumpet, trunk, tuba, tweedle, valve trombone, valve trumpet, whistle, wind, wind the horn